Style Name:8-Inch Chef’s A TRUSTED FAVORITE Preferred by both home chefs andculinary professionals, the 8″ Fibrox Pro Chef’s Knife can handle nearly everykitchen task imaginable. Crafted with a comfortable handle, superior weightand balance, and a razor sharp edge that rarely requires re-sharpening, thisknife is an essential tool for every kitchen. KEY FEATURES High-quality,lightweight European steel. Handle design reduces hand and wrist fatigue. Fitfor dicing, mincing, chopping, slicing, and shredding. Long, sloping curvedblade that œrocks for effortless mincing and chopping. Flat spine for extrapower to slice through hard-skinned items. Non-slip patented Fibrox Pro handlefor a secure and comfortable grip no matter the hand size. National SanitaryFoundation (NSF) approved and dishwasher safe. CARE AND USE Be good to yourknives and they’ll be good to you. Following these simple guidelines willensure that you get the longest life out of your knife! CLEANING VictorinoxSwiss Army recommends washing all knives by hand. For best results, hand washyour knives with a soapy cloth and dry immediately. While Fibrox Pro knivesare dishwasher safe, we recommend hand washing as dishwashers are designed tospray water at a relatively high pressure, which can jostle the silverware andcause the knives to collide, dulling the edge. SHARPENING For optimumperformance, knives should be honed after every couple of uses. Proper andfrequent use of a honing steel will keep your knives sharper and performing attheir best. FORMERLY FORSCHNER In 1937 Victorinox began selling cutlery inAmerica through a Connecticut distributor called R.H. Forschner & Co. A well-known manufacturer of butcher scales, Forschner soon became the exclusive U.S.distributor for Victorinox knives, and was the name by which Victorinox kniveswere known.
- For home chefs & professionals. This Fibro Pro chef's knife has been the top choice of both home chefs and professionals alike. Expertly crafted with a tapered stainless steel edge that cuts with ease and efficiency.
- Fit for all tasks. Designed to handle kitchen tasks both big and small, This durable knife's razor sharp and laser-tested blade effortlessly chops, minces, slices and dices. An essential for every kitchen.
- Easy handling. Each knife features an ergonomic handle made from thermoplastic Elastomer (TPE) for a non-slip grip — even when wet. This exceptional knife is weighted and balanced for easy handling.
- Knife Dimensions. Blade made out of stainless steel material — 7. 9 inches in length. Made with dishwasher safe materials for an easy clean.
- Trusted Swiss quality. Expertly crafted in Switzerland in 1884, Victorinox provides a lifetime against defects in material and workmanship. Making a Lifetime commitment has never been so easy.
- Multipurpose chef's knife designed for chopping, mincing, slicing, and dicing with razor sharp, laser-tested, tapered knife edge is ground to form an exacting angle, to hold a sharp edge longer and ensure maximum cutting performance and durability
- Ergonomically designed, non-slip Fibrox Pro handle provides a sure grip and easy handling even when wet, making each knife safer and more efficient
- Highly Recommended for over 20 years by a leading gourmet consumer magazine that features unbiased ratings and reviews of cookware and kitchen equipment
- Expertly crafted in Switzerland since 1884; designed for professionals who use knives all day, every day; lifetime warranty against defects in material and workmanship
- Swiss item #: 5.2063.20 is imprinted on the blade. This is the same exact knife as 40520, 47520, 45520, and 47520.US2. The only difference is how the knife is packaged.
- Product Dimensions: 18.9 x 2.6 x 2 inches
- Item Weight: 8 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 5.6 ounces
- Manufacturer: Victorinox
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- Item model number: 47520
- Discontinued by manufacturer: Yes