Product Packaging:Standard Packaging Our largest aperture SpaceProbe reflectortelescope is the niftiest Newtonian reflector on an equatorial mount we’veseen in a long time. The Orion SpaceProbe 130ST EQ Reflector Telescope is astep up from the standard SpaceProbe 130 EQ for the more serious beginning orintermediate stargazer who wants additional performance, particularly fortargeting deep-sky objects. Just what’s so nifty about the Orion SpaceProbe130ST Equatorial Reflector Telescope? The answer is best described as shortand sweet. First, the short. This ST, or Short Tube, version of the SpaceProbe130 reflector is indeed more compact than the standard model. The 130STreflector telescope’s optical tube measures 24 inches long compared to 33inches on the standard 130. The focal length of the ST’s 130mm (5.1inch)primary mirror is 650mm (f/5), yielding a wider field of view and brighterimages for a given telescope eyepiece focal length. That brings us to sweet.The 130mm aperture primary is a diffraction-limited parabolic mirror, the sametype used on much larger reflector telescopes costing many times as much. On ashort-focal-length design like this one, a parabolic mirror is a must forfocusing incoming light to a point and delivering sharp, detailed images.Moreover, the secondary mirror is held in an advanced holder with thin 0.5mmmetal vanes, to reduce diffraction spikes and light loss. These featurescombined with the included 25mm (26x power) and 10mm (65x power) Sirius Plossltelescope eyepieces and quick-release 6×30 achromatic finder scope make thisone sweet optical system for astronomy! The SpaceProbe 130ST EQ reflectortelescope also includes a collimation cap and center-marked primary mirror foreasy optical alignment. The Orion SpaceProbe 130ST telescope comes on a sturdyand precise EQ-2 equatorial mount with dual setting circles and slow-motionhand controls.
- This 5.1 inch aperture reflector telescope gathers an ample amount of light for great views of the planets and Moon, as well as brighter galaxies, nebulas, and star clusters
- Sturdy EQ-2 equatorial telescope mount and adjustable tripod allows manual slow-motion tracking of celestial objects as they appear to migrate across the night sky , Counterweight bar length – 8 inches
- Complete assembled telescope weighs just 27 lbs. for convenient transport
- Includes two 1.25 inch Sirius Plossl eyepieces (25mm and 10mm), 6×30 finder scope, 1.25inch rack and pinion focuser, tripod accessory tray, collimation cap, Starry Night astronomy software, and more!
- Product Dimensions: 24 x 24 x 51 inches
- Item Weight: 24.2 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 36.4 pounds
- California residents: Click here for Proposition 65 warning
- Item model number: 9007