Flavor:Madagascar Vanilla | Size:10 count Vanilla planifolia otherwise knownas Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla, named after 2 islands in the Indian ocean notedfor cultivating the crop. Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla (Vanilla planifolia) isby far the most popular of the 3 cultivated vanilla species – Vanillaplanifolia, Vanilla tahitiensis and Vanilla pompona. Vanilla bean pods aregraded after they are harvested, cured, conditioned and ready for use. Thegrading is based on moisture content, length of the pod and lack ofdehiscence/wholesomeness of appearance. High moisture content, long, oily anddark seed pods with no splits/dehisces are given the highest grade, A, theGourmet grade. The Gourmet grade/Prime grade/Grade A, typically has about 30%moisture content, are 5 or longer and 1lb contains between 100 -120 pods. Thegrade B beans have about 15-25% moisture content, are relatively shorter (lessthan 5), may have some blemishes and 1lb contains about 140-160 bean pods.The cured fruit seed pod with the vanilla flavor houses thousands of tiny,black seeds. The pods and the seeds are both useful for culinary purposes. OnAmazon, FITNCLEAN Vanilla is sold exclusively by Energizfitness.
- PROPER STORAGE PRESERVES FLAVOR FOR YEARS. If sealed in an airtight bag and in a cool, dry place, Vanilla Bean can be kept for a relatively long time, with a shelf life of at least 1yr. Thus, our beans are packed in BPA-free, FDA approved vacuum sealed bags to maintain freshness for a longer time.
- DONT REFRIGERATE: They lose moisture and flavor on referigeration. For longer freshness, store properly as above.
- TRADITIONAL CULTIVATION: Handpicked, selected for a minimum of 5 in length, sun-bake cured, conditioned for months, vacuum-sealed pack and ready to be shipped to your kitchen.
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.2 x 0.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.6 ounces
- UPC: 745558277626
- #65 in Vanilla Beans